Valentine’s Day is only a few days away. Have you thought about how you’ll celebrate? Once reserved purely for romantics, Valentine’s Day is now an opportunity to share your love more broadly and even turn the arrows inward. Here are my top 10 creative, fun, and innovative ways to celebrate February 14 this year. Enjoy!!
- Start with yourself! Give yourself a hug with a tight squeeze.
- Write yourself a love letter. What are all of the things that you appreciate about yourself and your life?
- Call one friend and tell them how much they mean to you. This will make their day.
- Practice a heart-opening yoga pose to create the space to give and receive love. Start with Cat/Cow Pose or consider some other chest openers.
- Give someone else a hug. Make sure to give them a tight squeeze too!
- Do one act of kindness for yourself (e.g., get a massage, take a nap, go to a yoga class, make time for self-care).
- Practice loving kindness meditation, bringing compassion to yourself and others. Deepak Chopra explains how right
- Do a simple yoga pose with a partner, creating connection and laughter in the process. Try chair pose or revolved chair, neither of which require a mat.
- Tell one person you love them and why.
- Take a picture of yourself, write “I am enough” on it and look at it often!